Steel Roofing Facts and Myths for HomeownersBlog |August 27th, 2018
Over the past couple of decades, we have seen metal roofing become more and more commonplace throughout the world. The reason for the rising popularity of metal roofing is simple: metal roofing offers a wide array of different benefits to customers looking to outfit residential, commercial and industrial properties. With all of that being said, there is still plenty of misinformation floating around the internet in relation to metal roofing. Today, we are going to set the record on steel roofing straight by talking about the various benefits and myths related to the roofing material. Let’s begin!
Facts & Myths about Steel Roofing
Steel roofing has always been popular in the industrial world and now homeowners are starting to be made aware of the various benefits that the material can offer. However, as we highlighted above, various issues can come to the forefront of the conversation when misinformation runs rampant. Let’s start our discussion by highlighting a few of the most prevalent myths related to steel roofing:
Myths About Steel Roofing;
1) Lack Of Style Choices – The leading reason that many homeowners decide not to get a steel roof is their belief that there aren’t many style options available. This is a complete myth. There are plenty of different types of steel roof installation options for every type of home.
2) Metal Is Too Loud – The second reason that people prefer not to get a steel roof is that they believe it will increase the noise level inside of their home. Again, this is probably false. In fact, steel roofing is actually quiet than asphalt!
3) Steel Roofing Is Too Expensive – Finally, potential customers believe that steel roofing is too expensive to be affordable for regular homeowners. This just isn’t the case. Due to the longevity of steel, most homeowners will save money in the long run when they opt for steel over asphalt.
Facts about Steel Roofing:
1) Longevity Is Key – The readiest benefit of steel roofing comes in the form of longevity. Steel roofs are incredibly durable and longlasting. With proper maintenance, your steel roof can last upwards of 50 years.
2) Energy Efficient – Next, steel roofing is energy efficient. During the hotter months, your metal roof will work to reflect solar heat away from your home. Your cooling costs can drop by as much as 25%!
3) Environmentally Friendly – Finally, your steel roof is incredibly friendly to the environment. Steel roofing can be recycled and used for a variety of different projects. Your metal roof will go on to be recycled countless times over.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au